Sunday, October 7
Hear from pharmacies that have implemented billable medical services into their workflow and how they operate like a racecar pit crew. Navigate potential roadblocks for physician collaboration and strategies to maximize your profits. This session includes real-life scenarios, the pathways to billing for your patient care services, and some of the basics of and barriers to medical billing.
Walk away with:
- Ideas for profitable collaboration with primary care practices.
- Solutions for solving the most common costly billing errors when working with prescribers.
- Tools to train team members as billing specialists.
Amina Abubakar, PharmD, AAHIVP, Owner, Rx Clinic Pharmacy, Charlotte, N.C.
Olivia Bentley, PharmD, Director of Clinical Services, Rx Clinic Pharmacy, Charlotte, N.C.
Zach Forsyth, PharmD, Pharmacist, Hurricane Family Pharmacy, Hurricane, Utah
Steve Moore, PharmD, Pharmacist, Condo Pharmacy, Plattsburgh, N.Y.
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Learning Objectives:
- Summarize opportunities to capitalize on routine patient care services by establishing successful financial relationships with providers.
- Describe approaches for implementing billable services in your pharmacy.
- Discuss strategies for collaborating with medical provider staff to optimize medical claim acceptance and reimbursement.
ACPE # 0207-0000-18-315-L04-P
ACPE # 0207-0000-18-315-L04-T
1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEUs)
Activity Type: Application-Based