Sunday, October 27
The nationwide emphasis on “shopping local” gives you and your pharmacy a huge competitive advantage IF you know how to market and position yourself correctly using your own uniqueness. Jon Schallert works with communities and small businesses across the country, analyzing the steps of how to change a business that is location-dependent into one that defies the demographics of its area and consistently pulls customers from a greater distance. Find out how to get customers to see your business differently in the first seven seconds, grow your market size, and more in this session.
Walk away with:
- Communication tactics for conveying your value to a consumer.
- Steps for creating free marketing opportunities which are 12 times more powerful and believable to consumers than any form of advertising.
- Action-oriented tactics and suggestions that you can put into place immediately upon returning to your business.
Jon Schallert, destination business expert. Jon is the only business consultant teaching businesses and communities how to reinvent themselves into consumer destinations. Jon speaks to thousands annually on his trademarked 14-step “Destination Business” process, which he developed over the last 31 years after interviewing more than 10,000 business owners in more than 500 communities. Jon’s insight is seen in publications, such as The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and Entrepreneur magazine. He is a member of the International Downtown Association, the International Economic Development Council, and the National Main Street Network.
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Learning Objectives:
- Identify four key areas of a pharmacy that patients are drawn to upon entering.
- Recognize three product spotlighting techniques that can take product selection from typical to attention-getting, attracting more consumers and media attention.
- Identify and utilize three key advertising principles of a destination business and five marketing principles that consumers today find credible.