Monday, October 28
Documenting what you do can transform your practice and attract payers. Pharmacy system vendors are making documentation and care planning easier than ever before. In this session, learn how care planning can increase your profits through direct efficiencies in your pharmacy operation and through new revenue from payers who value what you can do for patients if they see the documentation of what you’ve done.
Walk away with:
- Real-life documentation examples resulting in a positive ROI.
- Staff engagement strategies to integrate care planning into workflow.
- A checklist of “low-hanging fruit” care planning interventions.
Mark McCurdy, RPh, owner, Mark’s Pharmacy. Mark is a luminary of CPESN Nebraska and one of the leaders in the nation for submitting care plans. The Mark’s Pharmacy team believes quality care means more than just prompt filling of prescriptions. This dedication to quality and patient care has led to care offerings and services that have helped establish Mark’s Pharmacy as a leader in pharmacy patient care.
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Learning Objectives:
- Define the elements of a care plan that are needed to document patient care interactions.
- Describe strategies for implementing care planning into pharmacy workflow.
- Identify various types of interventions that should be documented in a care plan.